Are you considering a career at Dollar General? As one of the top retail chains in the United States, Dollar General offers a variety of job opportunities for individuals looking to join their team.
But before you can start your journey at Dollar General, there is an important step that every potential employee must go through – employment verification.
Today, we will discuss the importance of employment verification for both employees and employers at Dollar General.
What is Dollar General’s Employment Verification?
Dollar General Employment verification is a formal process where an employer confirms the employment status of a current or former employee. This includes verifying the duration of employment, the position held, and sometimes, salary information.
Required Information for Verification
- Employee’s full name.
- Employee ID or Social Security Number (for U.S. employees).
- Consent from the employee, if necessary.
- Specific details required (e.g., employment duration, job title).
Why is Employment Verification Important?
- Loan Applications: Lenders may require proof of employment to approve a loan.
- Renting Property: Landlords often ask for employment verification to ensure potential tenants can pay rent.
- Job Applications: New employers might verify employment history to confirm the experience and job stability.
Dollar General’s Employment Verification Process
For Dollar General Employees:
- Using The Work Number: At Dollar General, we use The Work Number for employment verifications. You can generate a Salary Key, which is a unique six-digit code, to give verifiers access to your income information. Just head over to theworknumber.com, enter Dollar General’s employer code (eg-13180), and follow the instructions.
- Contact HR Directly: If you need extra help or have specific questions, you can reach out to Dollar General’s Human Resources department directly at 1-855-ASK-DGHR (275-3447).
For Prospective Employers and Third Parties:
- Third-Party Verification Services: Apart from The Work Number, Dollar General also provides employment and income verifications through Truework and Truv. These services offer secure, efficient, and affordable verification solutions, with most requests being completed within 24 hours.
- Getting in Touch with Dollar General: Sometimes, you can verify by reaching out to Dollar General’s HR department directly. Just keep in mind that this method may need the employee’s consent and could be subject to the company’s policies on sharing information.
Dollar General’s employment verification process is an important aspect for both employers and employees. It ensures that only qualified and trustworthy individuals are hired for the company’s various positions.