Dollar General W2 For Former Employee

Leaving a job brings with it a checklist of tasks to complete, one of which is ensuring you have all the necessary documents for tax season. For former employees of Dollar General, obtaining a copy of your W-2 form is a crucial step in fulfilling your tax obligations.

This article provides a guide for former Dollar General employees on how to retrieve their W-2 forms through the Dollar General Employee Portal and what steps to take if there are any complications.

Importance of the W-2 Form

The W-2 form is an essential document that reports an employee’s annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from their paycheck. For former employees, this form is necessary to file an accurate tax return. It includes information that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires to verify income and tax liability.

How Dollar General Handles W-2 Forms for Former Employees

Dollar General is obligated to provide all employees, current and former, with their W-2 forms. These forms are typically mailed to the last known address on file. It is the responsibility of the former employee to ensure that Dollar General has the correct mailing address.

Steps to Take to Retrieve Your W-2

  1. Update Your Address: If you have moved since leaving Dollar General, contact the company’s human resources department to update your address.
  2. Contact HR or Payroll Department: Reach out to Dollar General’s HR or payroll department to request your W-2. They may have a process in place for former employees to follow.
  3. Check Online Portals: Some companies provide access to tax documents through an online employee portal, even after employment has ended. Inquire if Dollar General offers such an option.
  4. Request a Duplicate: If you have not received your W-2 by the end of February, you may request a duplicate from Dollar General.

What to Do If You Cannot Obtain Your W-2

If you are unable to get your W-2 from Dollar General, you have other options:

  • IRS Assistance: Contact the IRS for assistance after February 15. The IRS will send a notice to Dollar General on your behalf.
  • Form 4852: As a last resort, you can use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, to file your tax return. You will need to estimate your income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible.

Legal Obligations of Dollar General

Dollar General, like all employers, is legally required to provide W-2 forms to their employees by January 31 for the previous year’s earnings. Failure to do so can result in penalties. Former employees who do not receive their W-2 on time should first contact Dollar General and then the IRS if necessary.


For former employees of Dollar General, obtaining your W-2 form is a straightforward process, but it requires proactive steps, especially if you’ve undergone a change of address or if there is a delay in receipt. Remember to act promptly, as tax deadlines wait for no one.

By following the outlined steps and knowing your rights and resources, you can ensure that your tax filing is accurate and timely. Always keep a record of your communications with Dollar General regarding your W-2 request, as this documentation can be helpful if any issues arise.

10 thoughts on “Dollar General W2 For Former Employee”

  1. DG will you please send me my W-2 form Kim Chastain 1202b Dalton Street Pocahontas Arkansas 72455 very important I get this I am a former employee I’ve asked the two stores that I worked at and they have no information on fire 253-1185 is my ID that got me in don’t send me a bunch of go here there and all that I am going through a very hard process right now my health I have very little short memory so if you could just please mail me my first copy and my address has not changed I’m still living in the same place I live when I work at the stores for 3 years so I hope you find this information important and send me my W-2

  2. I am a am a former employee. I have repeatedly informed the manager of the store that my name is not Libuse Nina Blowers but Libuse Nina Jurak. I received my W2 and it shows Libuse Nina Blowers.

    Kindly email or send me the corrected W2. My home address is 8915 Lyles Road, Lyles, TN 37098.

    Thank you for your prompt assistance.

    Sincerely yours,

  3. I am a former employee, i put a change of address in when I moved, but not sure if yall got it, can you please email my W2 to me

  4. I am a former employee of dollar general and have not received my w2s for 2023 I mentioned it to the last store I worked at to the assistant manager my employee number was 1198813 my name and address is the same. Please send me a copy of them to me

  5. I am a former employee and have tried to access my dgme portal to get my W2, but cannot get in. My address has changed, so I’m trying to get it any way I can. My name is Desiree Nitz and I worked in Batesville, Arkansas Dollar General on Allen Chapel Rd. I just need it so I don’t get in trouble with the IRS. Please just email me my W2. My email is the same as when I worked there.

  6. My name is Alexis Ingraham and I worked at the Fond du Lac WI location and was recently terminated. HR told me I would need to re-register on however it will not let me re-register as a new account. I am missing my W-2s from them as they were sent to an old address. HR told me they do not resend them out. Please help me as I need to file my taxes. Thank you!


Leave a Comment